Thursday, September 15, 2011

Butter Pork

I was in a rush so a bit blurry
Preparation: 5 mins
Cooking: 25 mins

Serves: 4

Ingredients
25g butter or ghee
1 onion, peeled and finely diced
3 cloves crushed garlic
1/2 teaspoon each ground chili powder, coriander, ginger, garam masala
500g Trim Pork pieces
1 capsicum, sliced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
3/4 cup cream

Method
Melt the butter and cook the onion and garlic until onion softened.
Mix the ground spices together and toss in the pork pieces and coat.
Add the pork to the onion mix and cook until browned.
Stir in the capsicum and tomato paste.
Stir in the cream and simmer 10 minutes until pork cooked through.


I like butter chicken so thought I would try this.
I got it from the NZ Pork website a while ago.

I bought pre-diced pork pieces and just had to cut a few in half as they were a bit big and I wanted them to be all an even size. If they are too big they take longer to cook and become tough.

It seems like a lot of butter but "hey!" it is called BUTTER pork!
I have bought myself one of those Tupperware turbo chef's which is great for chopping onion up small.

My family are not keen on hot things so I did change the recipe slightly.
I have HOT ground chilli powder so I only used 1/4 teaspoon. Maybe if I have mild I would use a 1/2.

I cooked this in my electric frying pan so the browning of the pork only took about 10 minutes max.

I used a green capsicum and thought I was saving money by buying a jar of tomato paste as it was cheaper than the two single pack, but see it has to be used up in 14 days once opening. I might have to find some more recipes that use it seeing as how I have it!!

And the cream, well what more can I say. With all the butter and now cream one wouldn't recommend this to heart patients!

I served it with rice and broccoli (to give some colour to the plate)
I loved it and Katrina ate all hers but Harry picked at it and hardly ate anything, but he can be like that with something different.

It's a keeper - for when Harry is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment