Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Springtime Biscuits


125gr Butter
1 Tbsp Golden Syrup
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 Cup Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
¼ tsp Salt
1 ½  Cups Bran Flakes
1 egg, beaten

Warm butter and golden syrup.
Add brown sugar and beat until smooth.
Add all the dry ingredients and beaten eff.
Mix well.
Roll into balls and flatten with the back of a fork.
Bake at 180°C for about 15-20 minutes. 

This is a recipe off a Bin Inn mailer. I didn’t have any bran flakes so I used corn flakes. I liked the whole idea of just not having to cream the ingredients so just used the microwave to warm the butter and golden syrup and beat in the sugar. I added the egg next and then carefully stirred in the dry ingredients. Always remember to use a bowl bigger than you think so nothing spills over the sides.
They were a nice biscuit with a slightly soft cake type texture rather than a hard biscuit. They were a bit bland so I am wondering if bran flakes would be more flavoursome. Even adding a bit of essence may help. I am unsure if I will make this again.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment