Friday, September 7, 2012

Fruit Slice



125 gr Butter
1 cup White Sugar
1 cup Fruit Mix
1 ½ cups Self-Raising Flour
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
2 eggs beaten
1 tsp ground Cinnamon
2 Tbsp White Sugar


Melt butter, then add sugar.
Add Fruit mix, self-raising flour, vanilla essence and beaten eggs.
Mix together.
Place in s sponge roll tin lined with baking paper.
Mix cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle over the top before placing in the oven.
Bake at 180°C for about 20 minutes.
This can be eaten hot with custard as a dessert or cold as a cake.
 

This is a recipe form a “Bin Inn Barrel Talk – Issue 38” (about 2004)
At first I had to read the recipe through and found the reason why there were two lots of sugar.
This is a fruit slice with a cinnamon sugar topping.
It’s a recipe style I like as it just uses melted butter and it’s all mixed up in the one bowl.
I did however add the flour at the end mixing all the wet ingredients with the sugar and fruit. This is an almost pourable mix so it just needs spreading in the tin.
I found it easier to mix the second amount of sugar and cinnamon together and then sprinkle over the cake with my hands so that I could gauge and even coverage.
I enjoyed this with ice cream but it would be equally nice with custard as mentioned in the recipe of maybe whipped cream or yogurt if you wanted a healthier option.

I will definitely be making this again but probably in a slightly smaller tin so it’s a little thicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment